Friday, May 17, 2019

Day 2 - Why do we climb mountains?

Downhill...

Too tired to post. I’ll update on my recovery day on Saturday. Bad cell reception and WiFi won’t budge... I'm alive but tired...

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1MbOszCpTNExuKHpltqvlkk_YhWdpUiV-

What a day... pretty much pedaled for 11 hours. Lots of hills and mountains to climb. Hit about 12-15 miles of gravel, which is fine, but it slowed down my downhill. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1gynuEYcjXZrNUKMY_bwOQqiIGsl8_pZ1

Yee, I was crossing NC/SC line several times, NC roads are better though...




https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Gerpq9-9yrw4cyC3B6eUZFFE0e0fVfbl

This is one of the hills to climb. My GPS suggested that maximum grade during the entire route was 17% - I felt sometimes. On switchbacks it was almost 30%...



Since I arrived late, I only had time to set up tent and take a shower. When entered the campground, I asked the host how far a convenience store was, she told me just around the corner. I said good, I need some beer.

I got out the shower and her husband standing waiting on me with a beer and bottle of water. Said that store doesn’t sell alcohol, only inside Franklin town limits. And then, he invited me for dinner and supplied with another 4 cans of beer. And gave me snacks for the toad. I said, I just paid you $20 for camping and you exchanged it back with more value, and didn’t want to take money. He insisted and his wife said, it’s southern hospitality. Never leave a guest hungry before bed.

Video


No comments:

Post a Comment